Friday, June 3, 2011

sunshine

the weather is gorgeous + the streets are packed - Grogan's, Dublin 2

devious smile + gloved hand - Happy Pills, Temple Bar

The weather has been positively amazing. I hear summer is very rainy in Dublin I hope it stays just like this! I've spent the last two days sunbathing on the roof. I've also noticed every restaurant patio and pub with a terrace is completely packed. That picture above at Grogan's is actually a public street meant for walking through. It's definitely the start of summer!

In other news, today I found a sweets shop called Happy Pills. It's set up to look like a pharmacy but they only sell candy. They made me wear a glove to fill up my little bottle, which was just as creepy as it looks. As much as I like candy, I was more interested in some of their imported American goodies: Reese's Puffs cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Big Red chewing gum, and Libby's canned pumpkin. Unfortunately, the prices are outrageous so I will have to continue to live without except for the lovely care packages that come in the post. Sad face.

One pack of Big Red gum costs €6.50....so $9.50 for 17 sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment