Friday, November 19, 2010

hire me

Waiting for the DART-Connolly Station, Dublin 1
This is me waiting for the train at the DART station today before my interview. I have high heels in my bag and changed right before the interview so I didn't have to walk in them.

DART is Dublin Area Rapid Transit--just like BART. Who copied who?

I had to go to Dun Laoghaire, a city about 20 minutes south of Dublin for my interview. My friend Meagan was lovely and accompanied me so I wouldn't get lost. Two heads are better than one, after all. We took the LUAS light rail and then took the DART train. That's a lot of new public transportation for one day!

Along the way, Meagan quizzed me with practice interview questions on the train. I think it worked because the interview went great. It was very relaxed and the two interviewers said I had an "impressive CV". I should know by the end of next week if I get the job or not. It's only one day a week but it would be a good amount of freedom, as the position is brand new. I am already thinking up amazing ideas for marketing their cause and getting people involved in social service. Here's hoping!
"Dun Laoghaire" = said dun leary

No comments:

Post a Comment