Saturday, September 4, 2010

sustenance

Temple Bar-Dublin, Ireland

I cant believe I was worried about finding food in Dublin. Everywhere I look there are Chinese restaurants, Thai food, Himalayan, and Donor Kebap! On a fun little walk to the Temple Bar area, hubby and I passed by the most adorable little Indonesian hole-in-the-wall and vowed to try it out soon. What is Indonesian food anyway?

To celebrate our first night in Ireland though, we thought it was appropriate to eat at a pub. We tried a cute little place showing a soccer game at first but ended up at Finnegan's on O'Connell Street since they were the only ones serving food past 8:30 pm north of the river. It was a little fancier and more expensive than I expected so in the future we will have to eat at a normal hour. Still--a delicious ending to our first day!
my first Guinness on Irish soil

 fish + chips and mushy peas

hubby and his beloved Guinness

No comments:

Post a Comment